We are pleased to announce that we will be opening to the public on Friday, May 15, 2020 in cooperation with Governor Hogan’s amended stay-at-home order for the state of Maryland.
Camping can be a responsible way to escape the stress of the current state of the world while safely enjoying time outside of your home.
It is important to understand that restrictions and regulations apply to the opening of the RV Park. We ask that each person comes prepared to follow each of the following regulations in order to help keep everyone safe. In order to remain open we need everyone working together and to do their part to follow all Maryland regulations so that all customers can continue to come and enjoy the RV Park.
Double G RV Park COVID-19 Regulations:
- Individuals with cold or flu-like symptoms including but not limited to a fever, persistent cough, and/or shortness of breath are not permitted on Double G RV Park property.
- Individuals who have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days are not permitted on Double G RV Park property.
- Follow all current Maryland State Mandates (and if you are out of state, please be sure that you are also complying with your state mandates to travel).
- Social distancing- keep 6 feet apart.
- No more than 10 people can be gathered in one area at any one time. To be sure that this is put into place on premises no more than 10 people will be allowed on one campsite at any time.
- All campers must be self contained.
- Bath house, playground, and laundry facilities will be closed until further notice.
- As always camp and RV supplies are available for your convenience at the camp store. However, until further notice the camp store will be closed to walk-ins. Please ring the doorbell and we will greet you there for assistance.
(Camp Store will begin operating normal hours on Friday May 15th.)
- Face masks must be worn in any grocery or retail store in the state of Maryland until further notice. If you are coming to the camp store for supplies, please be prepared to wear a facemask.
- We encourage everyone to bring their own groceries and supplies from home.
- We highly encourage you to use drive-thru and pick up services. See list below for services offered in the Deep Creek Lake area.
- Customers are not permitted to allow guests to visit until further notice. Each camper is limited to the members of the household each customer is currently quarantined with at their home residence.
- No events will take place until further notice.
- In order to stay on Double G RV Park property each person/family must read & sign the Double G RV Park COVID-19 disclaimer/release form. (Overnight customers will receive this form at check-in. Seasonal customers will receive this form in the mail. Please contact us immediately if you have not received your form).
Please contact us immediately if you or someone in your camping unit becomes sick. In this event, we will notify the Garrett County Health Department and follow their guidance on how to proceed.
What we are doing at Double G RV Park to adhere to the safety of our customers, staff, and community.
- All of our campsites are far enough apart to easily enable social distancing from neighboring guests.
- We are closing the camp store to walk-in customers to eliminate additional spread from person to person contact. Curb-side pickup and assistance will be available at the camp store.
- We are requiring that all staff utilize PPE while working in public spaces, including masks and gloves when necessary.
- All staff are being trained on protective hygiene including social distancing, proper use of PPE, hand washing procedures, and diligent cleaning.
- We are increasing our sanitising procedures to all high traffic, high touch areas.
Drive-Thru and Pick Up Services in the Deep Creek Lake, MD Area
- Deep Creek Shop ‘n Save: Curbside Pick Up and Grocery Delivery Services
- Email Grocery list to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method)
- Phone Orders can be placed: 301-387-4075
- Include: Grocery List, First & Last Name, Mobile Phone Number & Pick Up Time (24 Hours notice is preferred).
- Tips are Accepted
- Please Call Shop ‘n Save to inquire about delivery services
- Deep Creek Food Taxi: Groceries, supplies, and restaurant take out orders delivered to YOU
- Search Deep Creek Food Taxi on Facebook
- Website: shop.dumpling.us/jenniferc803
- 8 a.m.- 8 p.m.
- 24 Hour notice
- Walmart Grocery Pickup:
- Download Walmart Grocery Pickup App to cell phone
- Choose items, place order, select time for pick up, follow the orange arrows at Walmart to pick up location.
- Check-in (using Walmart Grocery App) upon arrival at the parking space and a Walmart attendant will bring your order to your vehicle.
- *** Garrett County Walmart currently has a 2 week back up on pick up times. Please be aware of this when choosing an establishment for grocery pick up.
- Deep Creek Beverage: Drive thru service for adult beverages
Restaurants Currently Offering Takeout Food and/or Delivery:
- Visit “For the Love of Deep Creek” Facebook page at the following link in order to find a comprehensive list of the restaurants currently open and serving take out orders and/or deliveries.
- A comprehensive list can also be found at the Garrett County Chamber of Commerce website linked here
Maryland State Orders:
To easily access the current Maryland State Orders and amended orders, please visit the following website.
Please check back over time, as we will be updating this statement to ensure accuracy as laws, guidelines, and operations shift.
Thank you so much to each of you for your patience and support during these uncertain times. We are so incredibly thankful for every single one of you. We look forward to getting you back to your happy place where you can enjoy some fresh mountain air. Take care and stay safe!
The Glotfelty Family
Double G RV Park